Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Christmas : Cookies!

Every single year my mother and I bake Christmas cookies (with the exception of last year, where I was on bedrest through the holidays, and would have undoubtedly been angry that I couldn't eat the dough anyway). I decided I wanted to bake today for an upcoming party that I am having, and that I am very excited about. 

Let's start this off with the first recipe I tackled today: 

Hershey's Candy Cane Blossoms 

(or Peppermint Kisses as I like to call them)


Step 1 is obviously to gather your ingredients. 

Ingredients:

48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar, powdered sugar (whichever you please! I generally stick to granulated)

Directions:

1) Preheat over to 350°. Remove wrappers from candies


2) Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

Feel free to take goofy pictures of yourself in the process.


3) Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4)  Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies. 


This recipe came straight from Hershey's, and it's delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment