Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Love

Today I am officially 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my son. I cannot believe time moved so fast, and now it feels like these next 9 weeks will never end. I cannot wait to meet this little guy (and subsequently get my body back!)

We are going in for a 3D/4D ultrasound session this Saturday. I've never had one done before, so we figured it was due time. Bonus since the elective place we go to offered us a discount on a return visit!

But everything hasn't been all sunshine and roses. on June 20th, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, something I never had to deal with in my previous pregnancy. I took the news hard, felt like my body was a failure, and my labor and delivery was bound to be awful and optionless. I felt like maybe if I had done this differently, or just been better in general about this or that, I would not be in this situation.

I didn't understand, how if all of my numbers during monitoring are WELL under what they are looking for, they still gave me this diagnosis based on (what I feel) is an antiquated test. I mean, come on, what pregnant woman starves themselves for 12 hours and then drinks 100 grams of sugar water and sits in a hospital waiting room for 3 hours for hourly blood draws? Definitely NOT this one!

But alas, I have to deal with the diagnosis. If anything it gave me a reason to quit my Coca Cola habit, which isn't really a bad thing. And as long as everything goes smoothly, I'm okay with it.

It did depress me greatly, and while there are risks, it's also a pretty common diagnosis. A good friend sent me this link to help me cope, and it helped reading it, and then having a sit down with my doctor.

 

Have a few more exciting posts planned in the near future, but for now, here is my 30 week bump in all it's glory!!


No comments:

Post a Comment