Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

I've always loved carving pumpkins. Last year I skipped it since we had just moved and I was all pregnant and hormonal! This year it was ON! My husband and I decided to do Disney pumpkins for Piper. I carved Ariel. I think it came out pretty good!
 
Scott carved Tinkerbell, which also came out really good!
 


Piper got her own little pumpkin which we decorated with her footprint, and my horrible handwriting :)



 Here's all 3 of them lined up :)


The second best part of carving pumpkins? 

PUMPKIN SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 First I pulled out all the guts

 Then separated the seeds from the rest of the goop

 Then boiled the seeds just long enough to get the rest of the orange goop off. (About 5 minutes)

 Then I spread them on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil and salted them. (I always use garlic salt)

 Baked them at 350 for about 15 minutes, and VOILA! Crunchy delicious garlic pumpkin seeds.

Om nom nom.



No comments:

Post a Comment